Friday, July 25, 2008

STRYPER - REMEMBER THE BAND?







When I talked to my good friend yesterday, Badang-songwriter/keyboardist/vocalist of Orion he reminded me of one of my favorite bands called Stryper. I am not sure, anyone of you remember this band but let me tell you that are really great. The music, vocal harmony, double leads are awesome. I remember during my student years in Dallas Texas, USA. That night when we (me and Badang) were supposed to watch Stryper live, we were told that concert was postponed. We were totally devastated. Until today, we never got a chance to see them live. Finally I managed to get their DVD during my business trip to London, about a year ago. It is reunion gig at Puerto Rico 2004. Man...it was really awesome.

For those who really don't know Stryper, they are actually a so-called christian metal band/heavy metal/ glam metal formed in California 1983. Well some might wonder why do I like such a christian metal band. My answer to that, I don't really care about it because what matters to me is their music. Their music is really awesome and I don't really care about the lyrics. Guitars combination of Micheal Sweet and Ozz Fox is superb, Robert Sweet's drum is explosive and Tim Gaines' bass is effortless. You really need to listen to their vocal harmony. It is really great. Actually, I started listening to them when I bought a LP of To Hell With The Devil ( one of their great albums). Since then there is no turning back. Please go to this website to know more about them.http://www.stryper.com/history_stryperstory.html

I heard they are coming out with the new album entitle Murder by Pride due to be released this year. Really looking forward to that.
Ok. Got to go. Please enjoy Stryper's music.
Chow.






2 comments:

berteromber said...

bro..like what Cris Jericho said in his autobiography...not many metalheads dare to admit they like Stryper...but for me...wa tak malu nak ngaku wa minat Stryper...hehe..

The yellow and black attack!!

RockSportS said...

Bro...i must salute you for liking Stryper.The fact of the matter is Stryper is a very good band but because of the ethos of the band most people malu nak mengaku hehhe

Still waiting for their new album to be released.
The Yellow and Black Attack